How do you start digital transformation?
FutureXL directs the digital transformation projects. All necessary disciplines are brought together from an ecosystem. By optimally aligning operational business processes and technology, a super-efficient operational model is created. As a result, the associated business model excels in effectiveness. The result of this approach is demonstrable savings, but more importantly, financial value creation.
How do we start Digital Transformation?
A step-by-step performance model will be developed in a partnership (co-venture) based on four phases. In a short period of time we analyze the existing situation and translate this into a prototype of a new operational model. This is supported by a very detailed project plan and a business case in which the savings achieved can be used to finance the entire transformation. After approval by both parties, the project plan will be executed in combination with the business case.
Digital Transformation, our approach
The actual Digital Transformation proceeds according to a fixed script. The following components are discussed in the translation of the Digital Strategy into a new operational model:
Wording of the chosen business strategy and its translation into a desired business model and a necessary Operating model;
Using the results of the Power Of Information sessions, we prototype a DATA-centric operating model based on a new low-threshold technology from a Greenfield perspective;
- The resulting IT transition, from the old operating model, will be gradually transferred to the new greenfield operating model, driven by the business.
- Restructuring of the balance sheet to finance the project.
- Governance, risk & compliance (including GDPR).
- Behavioral change: working with the new operational model.
Fit 4 Future process
We distinguish four phases in our approach:
- Fit 4 Future Analysis
After each phase, decisions are made about the next phase.
The Fit 4 Future Analysis
The following aspects are investigated and elaborated in this regard:
DATA research: The path from application – to DATA centric work;
- Prepare a heatmap describing the complexity of the existing business model
- Operational greenfield model: Flexible, Scalable, Efficient and Effective;
- Determining building blocks: the IT transition takes place via a greenfield approach from application-centric to DATA-centric greenfield operating model driven by the business;
- Financial: “Find the money”; restructuring the balance sheet and the impact on your P&L;
- Testing against legislation and regulations;
- Behavioral change: We create support within the organization through exemplary behaviour.
- Specifically, this means the following:
Interviews with senior employees;
- Detailed process analysis of a “day in the life”;
- Analysis of the differences between the current and desired situation;
- Application assessment (old and new);
- DATA research: from application to DATA-centric working;
- Determine design principles for the new platform (next generation) and make a choice for the best fit for the future (fit 4 Future);
- Step-by-step transition model;
- Cost analysis & testing versus revenue & cash flow;
- Create support and acceptance of new work processes.
- And we do all this at a brisk pace, build in the certainties and we ensure a seamless transition.
In the implementation, the approved business case is delivered and the implementation takes place on the basis of milestones, whereby the financial objectives are linked to the project plan on a weekly basis.
In this phase, FXL supports the customer in tuning the new operating model in such a way that the operational cash flow can increase exponentially. One of the most important outcomes of this approach is that not only the profit, but also the underlying balance sheet value will increase.
FutureXL unburdens the customer by accommodating the complexity of IT in a service based on a linear Opex model.